Challenge Yourself & Improve Your Photography!
The Camera Club of Richmond offers six "Image Evaluations" each year where CCR Member images are critiqued by professional/seasoned photographers or artists.
At the beginning of each year, the CCR Board determines the CCR Meeting Schedule and designates which Monthly Meetings will be “Image Evaluations”. The Board also identifies three special "Assigned Subjects" - Categories designed to challenge our photographers to tackle a new genre, idea, or technique.
In 2023, those Image Evaluations will be held on:
Wednesday, February 8 – Open Evaluation (No Assigned Subject)
Tuesday, April 11 - Assigned Subject: Abstract Photography
Tuesday, May 9- Open Evaluation
Tuesday, June 13 – Assigned Subject: Environmental Portraits
Tuesday, August 8 – Open Evaluation (No Assigned Subject)
Tuesday, September 12 – Assigned Subject: Minimalist Photography
For complete details on how to enter CCR’s Image Evaluations, please refer to CCR’s Image Evaluation Procedures.
Here are some “Click Notes”; you:
- Must be a CCR Member
- Should have paid your annual dues ($40);
- May submit up to two images (2 jpgs, 2 prints, or 1 of each).
- Must submit your digital images (jpg files) to [email protected] by midnight on the Saturday preceding the Image Evaluation. If you submit a print, you must still send a digital image, so it can be displayed at the meeting.
- Must format your digital files correctly:
- Format: “.jpg” ONLY.
- Width (Horizontal) side: Must not exceed 3840 pixels.
- Height (Vertical) side: Must not exceed 2160 pixels.
- To maximize image size for the UHD 4K projector in Lightroom set the Dimensions for JPG Export to 3840 Width X 2160 Height
- In Photoshop, the sizing is not automatically kept within these bounds. Setting 2160 Height works in most cases except panorama and panorama-like images where the 3840 Width may be required to stay within bounds.
- Please review the results to ensure that the limits have not been exceeded.
- See the CCR’s Image Evaluation Procedures and the Resizing documents therein.
- File size: No larger than 10 MB.
- Must use the proper format for your file name:
[Media Type]_[Title of Image]_[Your Name].jpg
[Media Type]_[Title of Image]_[Your Name]_AS.jpg (for Assigned Subjects).
- Must complete this Print Form and attach it to any print you submit.
- Should bring your print(s) with you to the meeting – or arrange for someone to deliver it/them for you.
Here are some additional resources that might be helpful:
Image Evaluations: Frequently Asked Questions
Image Evaluation Video Overview and Q&A for 2023
If you need help, feel free to contact any of our CCR Directors, starting with:
CCR Digital Director: [email protected]
CCR Print Director: [email protected]